NO-ICE-CREAM-MAKER LEMON ICE CREAM
This dessert is so simple, quick and refreshing – no ice cream maker required! I've made it so often, I forgot that the original recipe came from The Cottage Cookbook.
RECIPE: No-Ice-Cream-Maker Lemon Ice Cream (Serves 6-8)
1 cup (250 mL) 10% cream
1 cup (250 mL) 35% cream
1 cup (250 mL) sugar
2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon zest
1/3 cup (75 mL) fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine 10% cream and 35% cream.
- Beat with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until cream starts to thicken slightly, 4-5 minutes.
- Add sugar and beat until incorporated. Stir in lemon zest and juice.
- Pour in an 8-inch (2 L) square cake pan. Cover and freeze until firm, about 24 hours.
- Serve with fresh berries.